v1.21 and Marine Module

Ok, this is frustrating. I installed the v1.21 patch, I selected the correct module (base game + marine module) and it deactived my marine module. I have reinstalled the patch 3 times each time selecting the correct drop down menu module. I have read thru all the other threads on this and found nothing like this. Most people seem to have their problem resolved after reinstalling the patch. Yes, the Marine module was installed and properly e-licensed before installing the patch. Thanks for any help.

Sorry to hear your problems. Do you have the BFC or the other version? I had a similar issue with my BFC copy. I had to to uninstall the entire game to get it to work. I installed the base game and Marines module, and ran it. I then installed the British module and ran it. If I installed all modules at once without running one module first it would deactivate the marines module.

That is strange since reinstalling with the properly selected modules even stops license requests that users were previously getting.

Before you installed 1.21, what version were you at ? Though it shouldn't matter after installing the Marines module, what is your base game version, is it a Battlefront.com or Paradox or Gamersgate, etc. ?

If you've installed the game to the default directories, go to /Program Files/Battlefront/Combat Mission Shock Force/Modules. In here there might be a file called "receipt.txt". Inside this file it will list the modules installed and their license keys ("Order ID") and a "License Number" telling you 0x out of 02 of activations being used with this license (e.g. - this install is using the 2nd out of 2 activations: 02/02).

If the Marines module is the actual license for the install, then you'll find this "receipt.txt" file in the root of the CMSF install (one directory "up" from the Modules directory).

Make note of the "Order ID" (your eLicense key) and possibly UNLICENSE and uninstall the Marines module and then UNLICENSE and uninstall the CMSF base game. Now install the CMSF base game and then install the Marines module and LICENSE it. This should be the sole license required for the game. Launch CMSF and make sure that the Marines module appears activated and that you're at 1.10 (which you typically should be with a Marines module install). Now install the 1.21 patch and make sure that you've selected the "Update CMSF + Marines module". You should NOT be asked for any further license activations and your Marines module should still be activated.

I highly suggest turning off/disabling any anti-virus/firewall/internet-security applications you may be running (with the exception of Windows Firewall) and to right-click on each of the installers when you run them and select "Run as administrator" from the popup menu (Windows Vista and 7). Keep the anti-virus/firewall/internet-security software off until you have licensed the game and finished installing all of the patches.

Phil--I have the BFC version.

Schrullenhaft--I was at version 1.20. My "receipt.txt" file show license for both the base and the marine. I will try what you suggested. Now, when I select "unlicense combat mission shock force" will it unlicense both the base game and the marine module? I don't see a selection for unlicensing the marine model. Thanks.

Ok--Problem solved. When you said to turn off virus protection a light clicked on in my head. I didn't before installing the patch. I never had that problem in the past. Appartently the patch does not like my anti-virus program. I turn off the anti-virus and my firewall and reinstalled. It is now recognizing my marine module. Thanks for your replies.