Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMAK on a new Imac- no worky

So,

I finally got my new machine: a 20" Imac- it is a beautiful thing. I loaded CMAK and started the game with no difficulty. I can open to all the selection screens without difficulty, but when i try to play a game- that's when trouble begins.

To start with the "loading 3d graphics" page does not look correct. The text does not appear and the simple loading graphic does not operate correctly. When the screen finally displays the battle, the cursor does not move, not the keyboard AND there is no text or graphics on the HUD along the bottom.

This sucks. I've loaded the new patch for CMAK with no apparent improvements.

Any help out there?

You are out of luck.

None of the current CMxx titles will work under OS X. They will NOT run under the Classic emulator either. See the compatibilty information: https://www.combatmission2.com/cmak_macosx.html

CMxx requires using a Mac that will boot into OS 9 directly. None of the currently selling Macs are able to do this, so you will not be able to run CMAK on your machine. You'll need to keep your old machine around in order to run Combat Mission.

The next release by Battlefront (CM2 or whatever they decide to call it the end) will work under OS X.

sad sad sad

My old machine simply can not handle the processing in a timely manor, and my new machine that runs like a CHAMP will never be compatible.

I trust that the good people of Battlefront are doing the best thing for their business, so I will not gripe here.

Bye bye Battlefront, perhaps we'll dance again someday. For me, I'm off to find a second class replacement.

To keep me ticking over till the arrival of CMX I've just up graded my G4 DP 450 to DP1.2GHz and am happily whizzing along - Dual boot between OSX and 9 takes 30 seconds

Optimum aftermarket ATI 32mb AGP card (with fog!) for current CM series works a treat but stops me fitting anything 9000+ series of cards - I'll leave that problem till when CMX comes out but I forsee it will hamper my backwards compatibility.

Any hints from BFC on what will be the minumum/necessary specs needed for CMX?