CMBB Modding US/UK/Ger v Soviet

Hi Guys,

This may be a foolish idea, but has anyone tried modding CMBB to create the scenario of US & UK-led forces taking on the Soviets in 1945, as historically some US and UK generals wanted to? It seems to me to be possible, owing to the existence of captured armour on both the German and Soviet sides, and US-UK armour on the Soviet side, within the game to potentially mod the CMBB German army into a Soviet one and mod the CMBB Soviet army into a US/UK one (possibly with some German units wanting to join back in against the Soviets). Of course, it would be a lot of work and the range of armour would be relatively limited, and although the infantry units could be made to look and sound different they would still have the characteristics of the original. But I suppose at least regarding infantry units you might find some basic types that were similar enough for all but the historical purist to accept. So, has anyone tried this? Of course, it'd be better if the game's makers could release a patch/cheat to allow allied and axis units to fight besides and/or against each other. But I'm guessing they want to stick to historical actualities rather than what-if scenarios. Again, apologies if this idea is just too wacky.

Hi Guys,

This may be a foolish idea, but has anyone tried modding CMBB to create the scenario of US & UK-led forces taking on the Soviets in 1945, as historically some US and UK generals wanted to? It seems to me to be possible, owing to the existence of captured armour on both the German and Soviet sides, and US-UK armour on the Soviet side, within the game to potentially mod the CMBB German army into a Soviet one and mod the CMBB Soviet army into a US/UK one (possibly with some German units wanting to join back in against the Soviets). Of course, it would be a lot of work and the range of armour would be relatively limited, and although the infantry units could be made to look and sound different they would still have the characteristics of the original. But I suppose at least regarding infantry units you might find some basic types that were similar enough for all but the historical purist to accept. So, has anyone tried this? Of course, it'd be better if the game's makers could release a patch/cheat to allow allied and axis units to fight besides and/or against each other. But I'm guessing they want to stick to historical actualities rather than what-if scenarios. Again, apologies if this idea is just too wacky.

You can only exchange the textures on the 3D models and the sounds.

You cannot edit 3D models, unit data or formation data.

Hi Guys. Thanks for replies. And thanks for the reminder about about the Korean War Mod, which sounds like the type of tinkering I had in mind. Yes, I'm sadly aware that I can only change textures and sounds (I'm a past published minor modder of CMAK and Medieval Total War). I've been away from the scene for a few years and I was hoping either that someone had already done such a mod in the last couple of years, or that the makers or some clever modder had come up with patches or cheats to unlock unit data, or pitting nations or units who were originally on the same side against each other. Such a change would in this case make it easier for a US/UK v Soviet mod because the CMBB Soviets could remain as is and another CMBB Soviet side (modded into US/UK forces) could face them. Also, just generally, unlocking the sides on which nations fought in all the CM series could open up some interesting scenarios such as for CMAK having Vichy French v US/UK in operation Torch, or randomly fanciful unhistorical wars (a German or Soviet civil war, US v Brit Empire, etc, etc).