Depth of field question...!!!

Is there an option to increase draw / depth of field distances in the game so that trees will render from a greater distance? If so where?

I remember asking about foliage etc. for the Normandy game and Steve said that it was beng improved upon. Will this include having a greater depth of field (rendered)? Or is this hard-coded to allow smooth gameplay?

I realise we cant have everything, but greater viewing distances with foliage etc. showing up as it should would add alot to immersion.

Its almost November, hope we can have a decent bone thrown our way between now and Christmas :rolleyes:

You can increase to "Best", shift ] on my keys, and it will render out further.

Not totally though.

I will try this, thanks.

If anything it should have scalability of min. to max. so that those of us with higher end machines can get the best out of the graphics.

I dont know about others, but I tend to spend the vast majority zoomed out to get the overall picture - only zooming to get a better view of hot spots and line of sight etc...

This rarely gets the best out of the detail that Battlefront have put into the game which is a shame - hence why I started this topic!

Having at least 1 - 2km+ draw distances would greatly enhance immersion also.:)

The whole concept of scalability means that those with lower spec PC's are not left out of the equation.

The other problem here is mainly due ot senario design, trees don't have different terrain under them anymore so when your away from them and they don't render you can't tell the difference. Putting a different terrain under all your forests can help allot.

The engine does pop in a few trees here and there for distant forests but it's pretty hard to tell what's in/behind the forest and what isn't.

The other problem here is mainly due ot senario design, trees don't have different terrain under them anymore so when your away from them and they don't render you can't tell the difference. Putting a different terrain under all your forests can help allot.

The engine does pop in a few trees here and there for distant forests but it's pretty hard to tell what's in/behind the forest and what isn't.

This helps a lot.