Mods With Vista

Hi all, I have just purchased the Vista version of CMBB - works fine and thank you to Battlefront for doing this. Does anyone know if there are issues with using the many pre-vista Mods on the new version? I had saved my entire bmp file from the XP compatible version and after running the Vista game out of the box I then copied the old bmp file straight into the new one. Now none of the scenarios will load. Anyone else having problems? Should I be doing this differently?

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nick,

That's interesting. Not realising that there was a Vista version, I recently installed my existing copies of CMBB and CMAK onto my newer Vista laptop and both have run fine so far. My versions of these games is a 2004 (i.e. pre-vista) version release called Combat Mission Anthology. Anthology is great, by the way (if you can get it cheap), because its a version of CMBO, CMBB and CMAK that runs without needing to have the disk in your machine.

You should be able to use just about any of the pre-Vista mods with your 1.04 version of CMBB or CMAK.

The 1.04 patch just addressed some issues with DirectX calls in DirectX 10 and the specific drivers that supported DirectX 10 (with accompanying DirectX 10 hardware). Not all Vista users needed the 1.04 patch. I ran 1.03 with no problems on a laptop with an Intel 965 video controller. Some users who had higher end Nvidia and ATI video cards ran into some issues (that some much later drivers somewhat managed to fix too).