Help! Dead CM CD

I've sent an e-mail to Battlefront several days ago... no response as yet so I wondered if anybody else has had the same situation?

My CD won't read my CM disc anymore, has anybody been able to swap a dead one with Battlefront or do I have to front up for a new one?

Are your other CD's being read by your CD player? If not I suspect your driver is missing or corrupted.

If they are being read just fine...perhaps cleaning CM CD...?

Did you change your CD drive letter designation recently? If so you need to change the shortcut to pint to the new drive designation...

Just some ideas...

I never heard of a problem that was attributable to the actual CD disc where it suddenly became unreadable (other than scratches, etc.). Do you get an error message when you launch CM that the CD isn't in the drive ? Have you deleted your Prefs file (though, to my knowledge, CM will find the CD in any CDROM/DVD drive that is on the machine).

Unless your CD is scratched (or was possibly initially defective) I wouldn't suspect it as the culprit to your problem.

Madmatt may see this message in a little while and possibly respond to your email if you really want a CDROM exchange.

Thanks for the help guys...

Yes all my other Cd's are ok. It must be scratched I think. It worked fine for a little while and then I wanted to play via TCP on Wednesday and no go. I had a good look at it and cleaned it but it's still dead. This is the first CD I've had this happen to, of all the ones to go too! I am deep into cold turkey... Frustration level is at max right now!!

If the scratch isn't too severe you may be able to polish it out. You can buy a kit for this, but I've heard you can use toothpaste to get rid of small scratches. I've never had to use either method, but people swear that it words.

It goes without saying that making a backup of your CM CD is a good idea for those who have access to a burner.

Cheers Subvet,

Toothpaste :eek: Still I have nothing to lose.... I tried to burn a backup but ended up making about 4 coasters!! So I gave it up as a bad job... unless somebody responds soon to my e-mail I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and buy another copy....