End of Turn Summary?

Just wondered if there is any summary kept of the messages generated during the end of turn. I've had a look in the game folders to see if there is a log kept or something but couldn't find one.

Its probably only really an issue to someone like me who is trying to keep an AAR. At the moment I find the best way is to keep a word document open in the background and take quick screenshots of every pop-up message that appears, but it gets a bit frantic sometimes flipping back and forth between the game and word. It would be a lot easier if there was a final summary of all the events that happened during the turn or a log that recorded which ones had occured.

Sometimes I have to run the EOT more than once just to make sure I got them all.:D

Good point, some of the pop-up stuff from EOT (and BOT) goes very quick, you gotta be a speed reader at times. Also, some people have mentioned they don't always sit around and watch the enemies moves resolved because they are doing something else. So, when they return, the messages are gone. Maybe Hubert can put in a log or a pause click button or something? Would be cool to get a bunch of other statistical features in logs, but that's another subject (charts of all the combat 'rolls', tech 'rolls', game replays, etc.)

One interesting little quirk I've noticed is that if I partially complete my moves and save the game. Then come back and reload it later, I get the Japanese (enemy) messages for the current turn pop-up.

For example: in my current turn the Chinese Communists attack and destroyed the Japanese 13th Army on the Yellow River, and having completed my moves in China I saved the game and went and got dinner.

On returning after dinner I loaded the saved game to carry on with my moves in Burma and the first thing that popped up was a message to the Japanese commander informing him that his 13th Army had been destroyed.

On returning after dinner I loaded the saved game to carry on with my moves in Burma and the first thing that popped up was a message to the Japanese commander informing him that his 13th Army had been destroyed.

That was just the game engine providing you with an opportunity to relive that moment and gloat! :)