A couple of questions

Kingfish

In a recent game vs the Opfor (this is the demo, btw) an M3 deployed on the edge of a patch of woods fronted by clear terrain fails to see (via the LOS tool) a BMP that rolls by within 200 meters, yet in the same turn an ITV takes out another BMP which is travelling in what I perceive as scattered trees. What is even more amazing is that the TOW flew across two large patches of woods and the small central village!

What am I missing here? Is there any way of being able to 'read' the map besides using the LOS for each individual unit?

Also, I am assuming that the letter 'E' means the unit is eliminated, 'D' is damaged, and 'S' suppressed. What does it mean when the unit just flashes but no letter shows up?

Finally, I've seen numerous engagements where the Opfor fires multiple missiles in succession, yet no missile trail follows. What does that mean?

In a recent game vs the Opfor (this is the demo, btw) an M3 deployed on the edge of a patch of woods fronted by clear terrain fails to see (via the LOS tool) a BMP that rolls by within 200 meters, yet in the same turn an ITV takes out another BMP which is travelling in what I perceive as scattered trees. What is even more amazing is that the TOW flew across two large patches of woods and the small central village!

Most likely the wood were on elevation 0 and shooter, target or bot on elevation 1.

What am I missing here? Is there any way of being able to 'read' the map besides using the LOS for each individual unit?

Press F8 for terrain few.

Also, I am assuming that the letter 'E' means the unit is eliminated, 'D' is damaged, and 'S' suppressed. What does it mean when the unit just flashes but no letter shows up?

Hit without damage.

Finally, I've seen numerous engagements where the Opfor fires multiple missiles in succession, yet no missile trail follows. What does that mean?

That's probably just optimized out. TacOps takes the time of flight into account, that makes things more complicated.