takes 10(!) minutes to identify setup.exe from cd

Euri

Both my cdr and dvd autostart and read all items in directory of the cd rom with the exeption of setup.exe that they take 10 minutes to identify properly (allocate an exe icon and autorun the cd)

It happened to me with the CDV version of CMBB. I though it was a problem of the cd and decided to be patient. But today I bought CMAF and had exactly the same furstrating problem

Any suggestions?

This is due to the drive scanning the entire length of the file. Since the setup file is very large, it scans a majority of the disk to find the end of the file. I'm not sure why the drives do this. It most likely could be their firmware or another high possibility could be an anti-virus programming scanning the file ('real-time protection'). To check this, remove your CMAK CD, disable your anti-virus software and then remount your CMAK CD.

If it turns out that the problem seems specific to the drive, then not all of them do this. I don't know which models to recommend in this case.