White block-out!

CM has run on my computer fine now for 3 months, last week I had my HD melt, and replaced it anew. I reinstalled everything, and updated all drivers, but now, CM blocks out in these white blocks. They start cvering random textures, then they spread all over ubtill you cant see anything! GGGGRRRRRRRR. It happens if Ive been playing for more than an hour or so.

Win ME

Voodoo 5

AMD Thunderbird 900Mgz

The system is usually very stable.

All the newest drivers, I cant figure it out. I have ( always) had to run CM with single chip instead of fastest performance, so I already tried every setting I can think of. Any hints?

You did upgrade your DirectX to 8.0a correct ? Some users reported that this, in combination with the latest drivers, helped their problem. I've also heard of people reducing their resolution to 1024 x 768 or less.

Are you running many mods or just the default textures ? Many people have had problems with running a lot of high-res mods with the Voodoo family. None of the Voodoo cards actually utilizes the full AGP spec as far as I can tell (no 'AGP Textures' - all PCI functions) and this may be at the heart of some of the Voodoo problems. I would recommend cutting down on some of the high-res terrain (trees, buildings and/or grass).