QB PBEM file disappears

So I've finally got to download my PBEM file (by getting my opponent to zip it), got it in the 'incoming folder' load it up, do my password, save it, go to send and it has simply disappeared into thin air.

Its not in the outgoing folder and I've even done a full search of my whole system (yes its the dreaded Vista) and nothing turns up other than the file my opponent sent me.

Where has it gone, what can I do? I'd welcome some suggestions.

Its not in the outgoing folder and I've even done a full search of my whole system (yes its the dreaded Vista) and nothing turns up other than the file my opponent sent me. ...

Have I understood this right: you don't find the file on your saved games, but if you do a search with the windows explorer, the file does show up?

I had this problem a while ago, too. I save the PBEM file into the right folder*, but when I tried to find it in my saved game, nothing was there.

Solution was simple that my opponent (he is a beta tester) used v1.2, while I still had version 1.11 (or so).

*About the right folder, I assume you've used the right 'incoming folder'? Please note that you have to use a language specific folder if you have set a different language in your preferences!

Regarding the Vista comment: I had this issue as well. It seems that Vista creates two folders for savegames (as well as a couple other items) when you install CMSF using defaults. (Vista does this for other games as well. It also utilizes "odd" locations, such as "My Documents" for game related folders.)

The solution is to specify a non-default install location - that forces Vista to do it correctly.

Regards,

Ken

C:\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force\Game Files\Outgoing Email\

You might have to change the directory and the UserName to match the way your computer is set up.

It is all in the CMSF FAQ by myself and stikkypixxie :)