The Omars

After suffering a Total Defeat as Allied the first time around, can anyone give me some hints on any "tricks" on this campaign. (I think I will still enjoy it the second time around. I can't imagine the Allies were completely "blind" as to the fort location, as I was, going into the attack.)

As a campaign, will avoiding the fort, and pushing to the end of the map, give a victory? It appears as though the enemy guns were empty by games end--so wait them out, and then by-pass enemy resistance?

Usually victory is decided how far you move forward or how quickly you reach the map end. Plus fortifications remain where they are - stripped of all supporting inf etc. Just sitting in the blind spots next battle is gamey, but might work.

Blinding the fort during battles might work - dust from vehicles works just as well as smoke or dust from incoming rounds.