How easy is it to edit?

Hi, I don't own CMSF (yet), I'm looking for a game where I can create my own scenarios, maps, and (maybe in future) units. So my question is how easy is this to do? I bought Close Combat Modern Tactics, to find that while it is possible to create new maps it is very very time consuming. So can anyone give me a quick summary of how the editor works and what options are available? Thanks in advance :)

While the editor does take some getting used to it is very logical and easy to create maps. Practise makes perfect of course because with all that detail available it takes a while to learn how to create really rich scenery.

Dropping units in is easy but AI scripting is another kettle of fish, it is complicated and time consuming.

In summary it is easy to start making maps but hard to make really good ones :)

The best way to buld maps is to play at building a map instead of work at it. I mean, I recently spend days laboring like a slave over a particular 'serious' terrain map. After exhausting myself, I decided to have a little 'fun' and in half an evening I whipped up an dramatic alpine map that was every bit as respectable as my 'serious' map, and I've got to admit more fun to fight on too. There is such a thing as trying too hard. ;)

The hardest part will be understanding what you're supposed to be doing, especially in building AI orders sets. Luckily, you've got a whole chat board full of people eager to explain how 'Exit After/Exit Before" works. An answer to any question is just a couple clicks away.