BlitzKrieg tips

Hi all,

I just bought this game and love it. I am playing WaW. I do have a question before I realy dig into a campaign.

Since Germany doesnt have a lot of points, I am hestitante to spent them on faster troop transport, so it takes me a little longer to get to the hot spots and maybe my time table gets thrown a bit because of it.

Also it looks like Amry units are darn good, Corps not soo good so far. How about Para troops, engineers, anti tank, artillery worth the purchase, or should I just mainly focus on HQ, Army, Tanks and fighter/bomber combo?

Thanks for any tip.

Don't mean to sound ambiguous f, but it depends on what you want to do. Its like Rambo told me when addressing Nupremal's World campaign, and I'll pass it on as it is good advice, "you have to have a plan".

For me, starting from Fall Weiss, I always plan for SeaLion as the Axis, so that means Airpower, paratroops, special forces. Then if the Allies don't co-operate I plan for Barbarossa which means ground force emphasis.

Oh yeah, by the way, welcome to the best grand strategy WW2 game out there, but you'll need to move on to PT for some of the finest custom World scenarios in existence, not to mention the new naval features.

Thanks for the info.

I havent looked at the PT (Pacific Theatre) yet,, since I enjoy land battles more, especially Barbarossa, the huge battles in vast Russia, thats were the war is won and lost.

If Operation Sea Lion is a bust, how much of a pain will the brits be, once I am fully engaged in Russia?

I am thinking of leaving Afrika alone and have the Italians just fortify the main cities and hold on, while I concentrate all forces in Russia. Will see how it goes.

I love these type of games.

Hi I also got the game a while ago...yet to win as Axis ..

Never did Sealion ....went to Russia straight ..want to kick Stalin while he is still sleeping

and now starting again but this time I turn off the Soviet Partisan and Winter Effect ..hi hi yeah yeah I am a coward general that like to win ...is there anyway to turn off the scorched city thing

thanks for the info on the brits (theri navy is sure a pain), but right now I play the AI and Sealion is taking too long and too many points for Paratroopers and ships, which delays the russian campaign.

My strategy will be fortify the french cities with a few Anti air unit and corps occupying the cities and move everything else to the east, because Russia is the real monster and I need air, tactical bombers, artillery, paratroopers and good tanks to crush the Bolshevist.

My plan will be 3 HQ, One under Bock attacking North towards Leningrad (St. Petersburg), one under Manstein attacking towards Minsk-Moscow route and one under Rundstedt attacking the southern flank towards Odessa, Stalingrad.

The russians have superior tanks in the beginning to I will use my upgraded Stukas to take care of them before attacking with my tanks and Army units.

Leningrad must fall fast so I am bombing the heck out of them and then attack with one tank and 3 army groups to take it within 2 turns.

wish me luck, I need it because the russians have huge resources and will pumb out numbers soon.

• 1 month later...
...Sealion is taking too long and too many points for Paratroopers and ships, which delays the russian campaign.

I know exactly what you mean. I am looking for a way to execute Sealion without disrupting my Eastern Front preparations. It is hard.

My guess is that the answer is in speed, not in extra units. If I can move my timetable a couple of months ahead of time, England will have less troops...

Any one out there has any advise?

If you are going to plan a SeaLion.like SeaMonkey says you should plan right from the start.It will limit the Ground forces you have for Russia but you will generally have a bigger airforce.

The problem with Sealion is if you fail(landing on England in most cases jumps American and Russian war readiness)usually means you have suffered catastrophic losses and are in big trouble.It also depends on how you have Englands surrender setup.Where is the last Capital.If it is Alexandria then if the Allied player is smart,all he has to do is move his whole navy to Africa and goodluck in coming across to take Alexandria.

Sealion is a matter of whether your opponent will allow it. If your opponent decides to follow other escapades instead of protecting the British Isles then your opportunity will unfold, but you have to be ready.

Actually Sealion preparation does not have to inhibit your effort in USSR, it is in actuality an enhancement. You are building your FJs and TAC units and later if your opponent adequately fortifies the UK then you can modify your plan(there is a window of opportunity) to incorporate the Barbarossa option.

The idea for all strategic plans is to build in flexibility as just as sure that the Sun will come up tomorrow your plan will go awry.

• 2 weeks later...

if you like the russian front, try the mini campaign. i've played it a zillion times lol. it's obviously meant to be played solo as the german, because imo there's no way the german stands a chance in a 2 player. also, playing the russian solo, the german provides no competition even on the highest difficulty setting with plus 2 experience for the computer.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember having found a crazy way to trick the AI in the original Blitzkrieg game, starting in Fall Weserubung:

1) Play as the Axis. Use your ground troops as usual, this only concerns naval units for now. You start with 3 corps in amphibious transports, and your fleet facing the British fleet. The first (and most random) part is to make your transports get safely past the British Isles and into the Atlantic. To do this either shelter them against the coast and huddle your ships around them, or whatever...can't remember how I did it but you need at least 2 to survive.

2) Send one near Ottawa, keep the other off the US coast near Washington DC.

3) Declare war on the USA. Land near Ottawa and move towards the city. There is no one to defend. The USA will respond by operationally moving their Washington corps into Ottawa.

4) Land on US soil, take Washington. USA surrenders, Washington corps disappears, take Ottawa.

Voila, by the end of 1940 North America is gone :)

Of course it's completely unrealistic and strategically outrageous, but is was fun to discover. I found out that trick in the demo before I got the full game and haven't tested it since though :P