Syrian Town Mao Question. Help!!!

I have a problem –

I’m working on an extremely detailed 1696x2464 map of a Syrian town and the northern approach to that town. When I finish I’m going to post it at the repository.

Here’s the problem – I’ve spent so much time looking at the google earth image of this town and its surrounding areas that I probably know about as much about it as someone who lives there. Except for one thing - I haven’t the foggiest clue as to what the town is called. The coordinates are 33.52.40x36.41.14, 2 kilometers west of the main highway to Damascus (called Hwy M1 on the Google Earth). I would be forever in debt to anyone who came up with the name for this town so I can quit calling it Al Hemphill (Hemphill being my hometown).

Btw, the map I’m working on is very very detailed. Several months worth of work. Yes, I’m patting my own back here, but there’s also a downside. Just by looking at it I get the feeling that this is an old town - very crowded. I’m beginning to fear I may have created a map that will get a lot of oos and ahs, but probably won’t play as well as one that’s either based on a more modern town or one that's maybe a little less insanely realistic.

ps. title is supposed to be map question, but I can't edit that. Damn, I'm on a roll today. something like three boneheaded mistakes in only three posts.

If I look at a detailed map of Syria, I see three villages that may fit the bill: "Jayrud", "An Nasiriyah" a bit to the north or "Ar Ruhaybah" a bit to the south.

Check it out yourself, you may have better luck narrowing it down:

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/syria/images/maps/cia-2004-pd.jpg

Your coordinates took me a few km east of the Damascus-Hims highway, between Ma'lu'la and Yabrud, along the M5 secondary road.

See my post on the original thread - I reckon it is Qaldun. On the Russian military map it is labelled:

кальдун

I'm no Russian speaker but having hunted around a couple of Russian alphabet sites I reckon it comes out as Qaldun - I punched that into a gazeteer and the lat longs were close enough to those originally supplied.

If I look at a detailed map of Syria, I see three villages that may fit the bill: "Jayrud", "An Nasiriyah" a bit to the north or "Ar Ruhaybah" a bit to the south.

Check it out yourself, you may have better luck narrowing it down:

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/syria/images/maps/cia-2004-pd.jpg

Your coordinates took me a few km east of the Damascus-Hims highway, between Ma'lu'la and Yabrud, along the M5 secondary road.

actually it is east of the highway, my bad. It's too small for this map. Probably a population of 1 to 5 thousand. And that's a whild guess.