T-90 bug

akd

The T-90 main gun is rotating indepently of the turret, causing it to be off axis of the target LOS and the coax gun.

t90bug.jpg

With area fire, at least, this does cause it to miss its target. I suspect this is similar to the Bradley TOW bug I reported, where the weapon system is rotating rather the elevating/depressing when on a slope. I only did one quick and dirty test with the T-90, so I don't know if this is happening with other tanks. Obviously the main gun should not traverse independently of the turret under any circumstances. Coax (oddly) and RWS seem to behave normally.

The T-90 main gun is rotating indepently of the turret, causing it to be off axis of the target LOS and the coax gun.

t90bug.jpg

With area fire, at least, this does cause it to miss its target. I suspect this is similar to the Bradley TOW bug I reported, where the weapon system is rotating rather the elevating/depressing when on a slope. I only did one quick and dirty test with the T-90, so I don't know if this is happening with other tanks. Obviously the main gun should not traverse independently of the turret under any circumstances. Coax (oddly) and RWS seem to behave normally.

Do you happened to have a replay?

Sounds like the same mistake real gunners make in tanks on slopes :)

How do real gunners manage to traverse the main gun without moving the turret?

Do you happened to have a replay?

I will try to replicate the circumstances, although it is very simple: put T-90 on slope, give target, turret will align with target, gun will rotate separate from turret instead of elevating or depressing.

I may be wrong about it causing a miss. Shell appears to instantly take a sharp turn upon leaving barrel in order to align with target. However, because the line of flight of the shell is is both vertically and horizontally off of the line of sight to the target, there may be extreme circumstances (like very close terrain) where this could cause problems. Regardless, looks silly.

How do real gunners manage to traverse the main gun without moving the turret?

Not literally the same.

But when pre-electronics tanks bracketed things they wanted to shoot up while standing on a slope they often wrecked the zeroing in by lateral movement - which on a slope also means vertical movement.

I will try to replicate the circumstances, although it is very simple: put T-90 on slope, give target, turret will align with target, gun will rotate separate from turret instead of elevating or depressing.

I may be wrong about it causing a miss. Shell appears to instantly take a sharp turn upon leaving barrel in order to align with target. However, because the line of flight of the shell is is both vertically and horizontally off of the line of sight to the target, there may be extreme circumstances (like very close terrain) where this could cause problems. Regardless, looks silly.

If you could email me the savegame at ""dimastep at gmail dot com"" that would be great!