Could we have more radio chatter please!

Hukka

I think one of the coolest features in CMSF is the radio chatter when you order arty and air missions. It's very immersive. I wish there were more radio communication. I wish that the ordinary troops would communicate too like "taking fire!", "enemy tank detected" etc... And it would also be very informative too. As it stands now, it sometimes a bit hard to follow what's happening.

They'll talk to eachother about enemy units they've spotted etc but you can only hear it if the camera is almost on top of the troops.

There's been a few suggestions for some sort of notification system that could tell you when, say, your troops spot a tank or come under fire. Radio chatter was mooted around as a suggestion, I believe.

As it stands at the minute, I also love the arty and CAS radio chat too. Wish the Syrians had some as well! ;)

I suspect what Steve will say is the problem is in implementing it. The CAS and arty scripts work well because you physically have to call CAS/Arty in. The remainder are just background noise almost like the warlike background track on every map where you hear MG fire and artillery even though its move 1 and you haven't done anything. To do something like where you have a situation where you are on zoom 1 and hit tab to centre on a unit and then hear it say 'Contact, armour on the right flank' would require a trigger system which is not present in the game right now. The effort to reproduce this would be huge and while I don't deny it would totally rock I think it will fail the cost v benefit analysis.