Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Downloading Marines & BF

A couple of questions about buying CMSF Marines and BF bundle. I was wanting a physical copy but with $20 shipping to the uk and cheap cases i dont see the point anylonger.:(

1: How large is the download?

2: How fast/crowded is the BF server?

3: will i need an internet connection to play the game once downloaded and installed instead of a disk?.

Actually, Marines comes with a DVD box and printed manual. British Forces comes in a slim case without a printed manual. The european production is different from the US production in that slim cases were used, not standard jewel cases. Slim cases do not break as easily. We will be switching to slim cases in the US asap as well.

1: ugh, I don't remember. 600 MB or so? But that's just a wild guess. (just doublechecked: it's 400 MB)

2: we do not use a server for full downloads, but a "server network" consisting of a whole bunch of servers worldwide. There is unlimited bandwidth.

3: No. Check the Knowledge Base at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk for how eLicense works. You only activate it once, and you do need internet access for that, but not even on the same PC as where the game is installed. You do not need internet access to play.

Go with the download and burn it to disk yourself for storing it away. Ive done it for all 3 games now. Downloaded the base game in the States when in came out, marines in the UK and the Brits down here in the Falklands. Ive had no problems with any location, apart from the seriously crap bandwith here that is (13 hours to d/l the Brits).

If you dont want a printed manual, save yourself the postage. Heck I even managed the off-line licensing too and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Basically, if you're able to post a question here asking about off-line licensing then you'll be able to do off-line licensing. :) For years my primary net connection was at work, not home. I've lost track of the volume of CM stuff I've ferried back on forth on my flash drive.