Time goes on during deploy

I noticed that during deploy the time (meteo time, not game time) is not paused, so in a night scenario the sun rises, and so on. This isn't really a bug, but it should be modified IMHO, because it's unrealistic and offers a way to cheat.

The sun rise/set thing resets when you start the game i.e. hit the red button the sun syncs to the meteo time.

Not sure how this could be used as a cheat as it only occurs during the set-up?

The sun rise/set thing resets when you start the game i.e. hit the red button the sun syncs to the meteo time.

Not sure how this could be used as a cheat as it only occurs during the set-up?

Yea...in my mind...and correct me if I'm wrong...but the pretty sunrise/sunset graphics are independent of the actual time in game. If it is supposed to be night time, then the units are going to think and act like it is night time, regardless.

Yea...in my mind...and correct me if I'm wrong...but the pretty sunrise/sunset graphics are independent of the actual time in game. If it is supposed to be night time, then the units are going to think and act like it is night time, regardless.

Correctomundo :)

I forget what the deal is with this. IIRC Charles was afraid that if the locked in the lighting, clouds, etc. that the Deployment time would "feel wrong", so it runs according to realtime and not game time. Then when you get into the game these things restart from where they are supposed to so that the gameplay has the correct effects.

Steve