Os Sayqal (Recce) question

I'm busy with mission 4, the recce of Os Sayqal and I can't seem to "trigger" the mission to actually end. According to the briefing, it's not neccesary to recce all potential OPs. I've done 6 of the 8 possible OPs, I've pretty much avoided enemy contact (one enemy forward observer did walk into my one team, and he got sorted).... what else is there for me to do? The timer has run down completely and is now moving up with red numbers, and the mission has not ended. I obviously have missed some trigger, or is there some specific task I've not yet accomplished?

Are you being serious?

Sorry for the rather "short" answer :D

There are several ways to end a scenario :

- The enemy, or you surrender. The game calculates the Victory Points based on the surrenderer worst score possible.

- The clock reaches the scenario's time limit (but sometimes, the scenario designer set an "hidden" additional time limit, but you don't know how much time it is).

- Hit the "cease fire" button, to end the battle immediately. The game calculates your Victory Points based on the current situation. That means if you are satisfied with your mission's achievements (or you aren't but you want to end the mission because of high casualties), or you achieved your objectives but can't force the enemy to surrender, you can stop the battle.

OK, thanks. It did the trick. Weird that I've never actually encountered that before - every mission/scenario I've ever played before this has just sort of ended naturally.

All the previous ones you've played probably had a fixed scenario length, so you wouldn't have got the red mission timer numbers. I can see now why you were surprised by the clock getting to end of mission and then carrying on. It probably would only have continued for about 5 minutes if you'd left it but as you'd achieved all your objectives a ceasefire seems most appropriate.