Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Can´t open email...

JLF

I´ve played 15 turns with my opponent (CMBB), no errors at all. Then, receiving my 24th mail, only a windows "alert sound" is played when i try to open it and nothing happens. My opponent use the american version while I play the CDV version. Both play on PC. I tried to find some answers in the tech support forum, but no luck.

I´ll be thankfull for all help!

Cheers!

Are you and your opponent 'compressing/zipping' the PBEM files or are you just sending them as text attachments ? The 'error ding' suggests that the file is corrupt or incomplete and there's nothing more that CM can do with it. Your opponent will most likely need to resend the file or you'll have to examine more closely how you prepare the PBEM file for CM.

Zipping/compressing the files helps prevent them from getting corrupted in transit and I highly recommend performing this extra step to avoid problems. Email can take varying routes getting to its destination, which could lead to possible corruption of certain data types. Though this kind of problem should be rare, it's a possibility. The problem could also just be a simple one of the PBEM text file being truncated by one of the players (an improper 'cut & paste').

I have not heard of particular PBEM incompatibilities between the CDV and BFC versions of the game.

Cheers!

We tried to send the file again but same result. We don´t compress and it´s unlikely that data should be lost twice, but we´ll try that anyway. I will also ask my opponent to do his last turn again to make a new file save. I tell you of the outcome.

Thank you for your help!

Originally posted by JLF:

Cheers!

We tried to send the file again but same result. We don´t compress and it´s unlikely that data should be lost twice, but we´ll try that anyway. I will also ask my opponent to do his last turn again to make a new file save. I tell you of the outcome.

Thank you for your help!

I've had this happen a few times, and it appears the game turn becomes corrupted as it's being saved. If your opponnent tries to open the saved file (assuming you give him yopur password) he'll have the same problem. Replaying the last turn is the solution.