Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Prove reading, anyone?

please i need someone good in english to look up and most probably fix up my briefing for the revisited Red Stream mission.

i will post the briefing as "code" here, most simple, just copy paste it and when done give it back to me as "code" :D

pleas try to keep the way its formated, many thanks ;)

After weeks of gathering information and neutralizing small checkpoints and posts in the surrounding countryside, we finaly want to cut off a snakes head. The once mighty local warloard, now confined to his home valley by ouer actions, and his two brothers wich help him in his dirty business, are said to be loacted in their homes. You have to seek them and kill them.

In case of the warlord himself, we want to you to kill, and positively identify him. That means the Warlords house, wich is knowen, is off limits for indirect and sustained heavy direct fire support. Ofcourse you can identify him after hes dead but his body, and head especially, needs to be in one pice.

By ouer gathererd information, we can tell that the valley is totaly in contol of combatants and fighters sponsored by the warlord. Everything he has left is now in this valley. we belive this to be:

- at least 6-8 tanks, older T55 models, some of them last seen around the "Deserted Plains"(Landmark, Tactical map).

- a minimum of 275-350 man at arms, possibly more.

- some technicals and verry likely remote controled explosives.

- we dont know what he could have stashed in his arsenal, so probably you will see some AT devices more sophisticated than   RPG7´s.

- The warlord is belived to be in his house in "Shamahr", you cant fail it.

- The warlords brothers should be located in "Ashabad"(Landmarks)

^

Your force consists of the following units;

- 1st Mechanized Infantry Battalion

Scouts; on map

D Co ATGM; on map

A Co; as reinforcement in 5 to 10 minutes.

B Co; as reinforcement in 45 to 55 minutes

C Co; as reinforcement in 1H 30M to 1H 45M

- One Platoon of T62M traveled 5 minutes behind, but those reserve guys could take up to 10 minutes to arive.

- A platoon of T55MV is currently about to be supplied and refueled, they will be ready in about 1H and 20M.

- 3rd and 4th SF Engineer Platoon; on map

- A Infantry Granade Launcher Platoon seated in civilian Pickups; on map

- 2 Civilian clothed spys in Shar-Azad

- Fire Support;

6x2 120mm mortars(M1943) supplied and ready, however 3 of them are denied till the companys they belong to, arive.

2x2 122mm howitzers(2S1) supplied and ready

It may be a good idea to use parts of your fire support as a pre planed strike or delayed pre planed strike!

^

Time: 0730

Wind conditions: Gentle wind from south, up the valley

Weather: Clear

Population: Generaly medium civilian density; 1 city Shar-Azad; 2 settlements Ashabad and Shamahr are loceted in the valley.

Terrain: A partly deep valley, carved out by a creek with its origin at the end of the valley in Shamahr. The valley has 2 distinctive road bends formed by the natural path of the creek(see Tactical map).

The only roadbridges are located in Shar-Azad(two) and Ashabad(one).

^

The general plan is to secure an entrance into Shar-Azad, preferably the south one. Clean out the city and occupy the following locations. Parts of the force will remain for the next few days to secure unhindered clean up in the city.

You are to take and hold;

- South and North entrance

- Towncenter

- Mosque suroundings wich includes the side entrance(not the mosque itself)

North of Shar-Azad you have two objectives;

- Killing the warlords brothers in Ashabad

- Killing the Warlord himself in Shamahr

Basic ROE;

You are to preserve;

- The bank in the town center, out of economical reasons and maybe left data records.

- The mosque area and AND surrounding buildings, basicly everything inside the wall.

- The warlords house, to be able to identifie his corps and make sure we got him.

Every other structure is unimportant, some...or some more civilians are still in the city, however you have order to engage anywhere you see fit with indirect fire support, just preserve said locations. 

^

I want you to loose no more then 35% of your force!

I want the enemy to 75% destroyed!

Keep your Batt. and Co HQ´ alive.

Dont loose the spys, order them around carefully, if the enemy is IDing any one of both as enemy, we fear they get killed by a mob.*

Good luck commander!

^

* NO SPOILERS HERE! I use this section for "Out Of Mission" information. NO SPOILERS!

- To be clear, If the enemy sees a spy of yours, RED gets points for it, and the spy should be gone.

- I ran out of terrain objectives so i could not make it totaly clear wheres the border between the "occupy mosque surroundings" objective and the "preserve mosque area" objective is.

you can occupy every builing inside of the Mosque "wall" wich is NOT "part of the wall" or "the mosque building itself" to be in the mosque objective area. i hope that is clear.

- Battle duration 3H 30M = 210 Turns; No extra time

Thank you for playing, have fun.

*facepalms* a error in the topic title, how great.

hcrof;

many thanks! yes its quiet large, youll see soon :D iam about at 1/3 of the mission now, everything is looking good. so when i am through tomorrow or the day after if iam slow, i gona do some final adjustments and its done.

iam really glad 1.20 added more time, the mission was not good to play befor becouse it lacked time.

in case you want to see the map, here is an old shot, made in 1.05, slightly changed now but hardly visible from up there.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6306/rsyt8.jpg

now i have read through it, and need help there :)

you changed this;

Parts of the force will remain for the next few days to secure unhindered clean up in the city.

to this,

Parts of the force will remain for the next few days to secure the rest of the city

now, since the player will secure the "rest of the city", i ment that parts of the force remain the next days to clean up bodys and stuff :) if it says "to secure the rest of the city" it gives the player the feeling that he doesnt need to do it, but he does need to actually.

this is in context to something i didnt wrote in the briefing but i really should include it somehow to give the player a idea. also i switch to 130mm guns, 3x2 instead of the 122mm, i need to update this.

i gona fix this now, can i get you to read it again, maybe if i rush through the mission today i can post it with all changes tomorrow or so?