Install Problem

1) Placed game cd in cd drive to install game and I get a 0x0000006 error dealing with the game's autorun.exe file.

2) I go ahead and copy/paste the setup file into my c:/ drive. I run the setup program for the game and I start installing. When I get to the WinRar portion of the installation, it starts to dl the BMPs. Part way thru the BMP installation the comp freezes and the comp must be rebooted.

3) After several attempts at running the setup, I cancelled the installation mid-way thru the WinRar portion of the installation. Doing so lead me thru several prompts that somehow completed the installation.

By some miracle I am able to play the game but the only sounds I get are the ambient sounds. I sure could use some help getting the other Wav files into the game. I currently only have 9 WAV files.

My comp specs

AMD 2600+ 1.92 Ghz

Nvidia GeForce FX5200 vers. 56.72/ 128 MB Vid Mem

512 MB RAM

80 gb HD

PS- I have already gone thru the troubleshooting tips for installation

Do you have anything loaded up and running in the background, including anti-virus programs, etc. ? These need to be shutdown first or they may cause problems (usually initially rather than later in the process). I wouldn't recommend attempting to do anything else while doing the install.

Some of the WAV files (usually the ambient ones though) may take awhile to extract, though I wouldn't assume it would be too long with your computer's specs. The sound files are packed differently and launch a different extractor.

Yeah,

I pretty much shut down all non-essentials, but I still get the freeze in the WinRar portion of the dl which is the BMPs.

After so many freezes in the WinRar portion, I cancelled the install while in the midst of dling BMPs (WinRar). Doing so sent me to another screen where the ambient WAV files were downloaded.

I have even, during a freeze in the WinRar portion, just let the comp freeze and waited 30 min just in case it was dling and I just did not know it. No luck, still missing the Wav files. I may be missing othe files but I havent played enough of the game yet to know.

Success....

I copied the Setup.exe to a backup drive after having failed at the main drive. Well, I ran it from the backup drive and I was able to install everything.

I must admit, the challenge of trying to make CMAK work is as fun as playing the game itself.

At last, a happy ending to my little dilemma.