Russian module?

Laca, welcome to the forums. Of course CMSF is a fictional setting but I can almost guarantee they won't have a Russian Blue module. Have you heard about the upcoming Soviets in Afghanistan 1980s Combat Mission game ? Someone today said the Russian version will be released in September and there will be an English language version as well.

As far as CMSF after the British there will be a German/Candian/Dutch "NATO" module. After that there are no definite plans for CMSF announced. If there is another module after that, the most likely new Army would be the French.

Eventually there are plans to do a CMSF 2 game set in modern times in a temperate climate that will certainly have the Russians, so there's lots to look forward to in a modern setting as well as WWII.

PS, looks like Yankee Dog was just a bit ahead of me.

I didn't hear about the Afghanistan game, thank you for the info!

On the other hand I just sort of wish they would be included in the game.... I know that the game already has most of their(if not all) ground weapons but I haven't played the modern russian army in a good pc game(CMSF) yet. It would be interesting to see them with their full "might". Artillery, air support, russian special forces etc.,etc..

Not to mention how cool their unit names sound: 4th Guards Tank Divison, 131st Motor Rifle Division.....

Don't misunderstand me my favorites are the Marines.... Still, a well organized russian mass infantry attack always sounds like fun...

Laca, welcome to the forums. Of course CMSF is a fictional setting but I can almost guarantee they won't have a Russian Blue module. Have you heard about the upcoming Soviets in Afghanistan 1980s Combat Mission game ? Someone today said the Russian version will be released in September and there will be an English language version as well.

As far as CMSF after the British there will be a German/Candian/Dutch "NATO" module. After that there are no definite plans for CMSF announced. If there is another module after that, the most likely new Army would be the French.

Eventually there are plans to do a CMSF 2 game set in modern times in a temperate climate that will certainly have the Russians, so there's lots to look forward to in a modern setting as well as WWII.

PS, looks like Yankee Dog was just a bit ahead of me.

The French! You mean they show up for this fictional war?