Wish: Ingame Scenario Browser

Hi, I am enjoying CMSF thoroughly and looking eagerly forward to the release of the british module. (Thanks for the demo!)

I would like to propose an ingame browser for the scenario repository. Alternativly a web interface to install a file from the repository with a single click would also do the job for me.

Regards

a lazy person

Yes, good idea. The upcoming Empires of Steel has in fact pretty much that identical function (except it's not linked to the Repository but an in-game sharing platform for mods and custom maps and unit sets etc.) and as we expand our multiplayer/web offerings in the future something like this could make it in eventually.

Version 1.3 of my mod manager will be coming out soon. I've been trying (so far unsuccessful) to make a utility that will open the zipped file and put it all in the proper place for you. And if you have a text file and a pic that comes with the scenario or mod, it will put those into the records as well. But... it isn't working so far and may have to wait until version 1.4 or 2.0.

Otherwise, the mod manager still lets you open up the folders easily enough and you can do all of what you need to from there. Just wait for 1.3 to come out in the next couple of weeks.

ok, i was nearly there to create a thread about this some days ago as i see this poping up every now and then. i would like to be able to scoll the scenario list too BUT till this happens i worked around it like this;

ok the names of the scenarios are only "examples"! it works beatifully for me...

+self made scenario1 test missions, and scenarios in production

+self made scenario2 test missions, and scenarios in production

+self made scenario3 test missions, and scenarios in production

-user made scenario1, downloaded from anywhere

-user made scenario2, downloaded from anywhere

-user made scenario3, downloaded from anywhere

-user made scenario4, downloaded from anywhere

-user made scenario5, downloaded from anywhere

-USMC user made mission1, downloaded from anywehre

-USMC user made mission2, downloaded from anywehre

-USMC user made mission3, downloaded from anywehre

stock scenario1

stock scenario2

stock scenario3

USMC stock scenario1

USMC stock scenario2

USMC stock scenario3

now listen up, you see the irregular characters i add in front of the file names, now since all this non letters are "first" in alphabetic listening, they display first in the game too.

i use the + for "my" missions in production and misc stuff

i use - for "all" user made scenarios

i manually add -USMC to user made marines missions wich do not have it in the file name, as example.

now, i hope i could make it clear, the + and - will list all this scenarios befor the stock scenarios.

for USMC battles i use -USMC wich will form a group of -USMCxxxxx scenarios in between the -T and -V battles. but thats not so bad, when you have at least 5 or 10 -USMC battles you have a nice blob wich is easy to find.

try it out, it makes the mess the scenario list is quiet a bit less messy.

EDIT:

yes, if oyu want more cathergorys, take more of this "odd" characters. anything will do, "§$&/%(, there are many ;)