waypoints

Just checked this. If I'm understadning what you wrote correctly:

plot a series of waypoints using slow and reverse. At the end of each waypoint give a target command.

I gave this a quick play through in RT as I've a game going in that right now and the above works fine in RT. I'll check turn based.

Just to check some stuff.

Have you patched your game to 1.11?

You are using the 'slow' command and the 'reverse' commands rather than using hunt?

The unit in question is not reloading or run out of ammo during the plotted turns?

Edited to add:

Just checked this out in turn based and the above combo works for me. If none of the above answers your question can you post a screenshot showing what you are trying to do and why it is not working please? :)

Cheers fur noo

George

Hhmm - I've tried two combos - waypoints in line, and waypoints in a parallel zig zag. Works OK in that I don't lose either the target commands nor the actual waypoints i.e vehicle does what I expect.

Could be if using very short waypoints that the gunner does not have time to lay the weapon onto the new target before hitting the next waypoint. Could be all your waypoints are to short such that the gunner is trying to lay the weapon onto the new target but doe not have enough time before hitting the next waypoint.

Check the wee dialogue box at the bottom left. You should see text saying 'Gunner@ and then a note as to what he si doing (Firing, aiming, reloading etc etc).

Yup just found that out myself testing what you were trying to do (cheers for the video made sense). I'm posting it as a possible bug to see what the offical response is. As you said what you are trying to do you can do if the movement points are longer. I'll get back to you in due course :)