Is this possible?

Here's the situation:

There is an enemy sniper in a building about 600m away.

I have a Squad equipped with a javelin in an another building overlooking the sniper's building.

Is there any way to fire the javelin without exposing the whole squad while they fire their weapons.

I'm having trouble with this. I tried to give the command to my AT squad, but in the time it takes for the Javelin Soldier to aquire the target, the team consolidates back into the squad. Also, when the Javelin Soldier does have enough time, his buddies are also firing.

Basically, I'm asking..is it possible to fire JUST the javelin?

Sniper teams have similar issue, it is almost impossible to keep the security detail from busting caps at all and sundry.

In regard to javelins specifically it might be worth splitting out the AT team and then giving them a target arc as opposed to a target order, sometimes this helps especiall at longer ranges. Although I don't think snipers rate all that highly in the javelin operators AI. this definitely works better for AFV targets, typically Javelins will be employed against spotted AFVs as soon as they can be brought to bear without any action by the player. I am strongly hoping for some improvement in this in 1.2 which will hopefully be tomorrow: crosses fingers really hard and rubs rabbits foot frantically. :)

This where the Tac AI furball really gets going, how does it sort out when you want EVERYONE to fire EVERYTHING, and when are you looking for a more surgical action. People would also be pounding there heads about cases where the pixeltruppen didn't shoot if they biased it to far the other way.

There have been multiple request for an extra fire command or two to help with this but BFC have maintained that eventually the AI will get there and they don't want to add more micro management and especially more commands with which to execute that micromanagement.

There is an endless thread about being unable to tell a Bradley to only use its 7.62 coax as well. The short answer is you can't, for more or less the reasons listed above.