I have Critical problem with CMO en BMP THE WALL 1222 and 1223

kor

HELLO I FROM SPAIN, I HAVE THE COMBAT MISSION OVERLOAD ORIGINAL CD-ROM.

I HAVE ONE SERIOUS PROBLEM,WITH BMP 1222( THE WALL) AND 1223 :confused: . THE BLOBLEM IS CONTINUOS DISTORTION GRAFIG IN TIMES :mad: , ONLY THOSE BMPs 1222 AND 1223 (THE WALLS)IN THE ZOOMED SCENARIO.

THE REST GAME GO OK ;) .

MY PROBE IS IN WINDOWS 98 AND WINDOWS XP,

AMD Athlon 500, sound blaster live, GEFORCE 2(DRIVERS 40.72 AND 41.09) ,128 RAM DIRECTX 8, AND DIRECTX 9.

Note: the version of cmo is the 1.12 is update for me. the version original v1.05 fail in same bmps.

I WAIT ANSWER FOR THIS PROBLEM, THANK A LOT.

MY MAIL IS

KIMAGURES@WANADOO.ES

JUAN CARLOS REY (JHONN CHARLES KING)

[ December 29, 2002, 04:03 AM: Message edited by: kor ]

i hate to beat a dead horse, but the 1st thing i'd try would be to fall back to older vid drivers like the 30.87's and see what that does

sounds like you've already tried new bmp's for these two files and it didn't help - so it's probably not an issue of corrupted files

course i also don't know why vid drivers would affect the appearance adversely of only two bmp's smile.gif

With driver 30.82 for winxp I have the same fail.

I probe new configuration in the driver of gforce, An other probe a 640*480 60hz and 75hz, 800*600 at 60 and 75hz.

Nothing, I have the same problem of distortion in the wall bmp. :confused: :(

[ December 28, 2002, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: kor ]

yeah, didn't hold much hope the driver change would fix the problem you describe since it wasn't happening to the game as a whole

ok, so how about this

can you post a picture of what this distortion looks like?

seems hard to believe that something limited to a couple bmp's wouldn't be cured by copying fresh ones off the installastion cd onto the messed up ones on the hd

I got your e-mail, but the file, which was compressed in a RAR format, would not open properly. I fired an e-mail back at you requesting that you send it in a different compression format and suggested ZIP (or send it uncompressed).

So, I also take it from your post above that attempting to replace the files off the install disk didn't help either.

This is a strange one. Need another head in the game on this one. Hey Schrullenhaft, you got any theories or approaches you think he should take on diagnosing why a couple bmp's are messed up and how to fix it?

kor - are you saying that the wall bitmaps are only distorted when you zoom in with the "[" or "]" keys or when you change view levels (say from 3 to 4, etc.) ? If you look at these bitmaps with a graphics program do they look OK (no distortion in the plain graphic itself) ?

I have no idea why just one set of bitmaps are showing up distorted. Do you possibly see this problem with hedgerows and hedges too ?

What are your FSAA settings set to ? You may want to turn them off for now. Are you using any other programs to 'tweak' your video card driver settings ? If so, then you may want to revert back to the original settings and uninstall this (or these) program(s) for now.

Have you had any other video cards installed in this computer before that weren't NVidia GeForces ? What did you do to remove those drivers ?

Just to start from a clean slate I'd suggest uninstalling all of your video drivers. With multiple NVidia Detonator drivers being installed on one system you may have a mix of .DLL files or whatever else. I suggest booting into Safe Mode and uninstalling the video card (all models that may be listed), running any 'uninstall program' for NVidia that may be listed in the Add/Remove Programs control panel (or any other previous video card), deleting all files that start with NV*.* in the \WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory (these files typically should only be NVidia-related files, but they're may be others that aren't) XP may have some files in the \WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory. Go into the \WINDOWS\INF directory (and possibly the subdirectories off of this directory) and look for any NVidia-related INF files and delete them (this may require that you open the files to confirm their contents). Once you've done this then reboot. Windows XP will install the default 12.40 drivers that come with that OS. Win98 will not recognize the card, I suggest going with the 'SuperVGA PCI' driver for the moment.

Under WinXP CMB0 should work with the default driver, but you'll see graphic corruption because of a bug with that driver (white text will appear invisible and some other text related corruption). At this point I suggest installing 30.82 or 30.87 driver for XP. If your graphic corruption continues, then I'm not sure what to say. Do you have a separate installtion of CMBO for each partition or is the game being run from just one partition ? You may want to consider completely deleting the CMBO installation and reinstalling from the CD again.

For Win98 you'll need to reinstall the video driver in order for CMBO to work. Again use the 30.82 or 30.87 driver (which shouldn't have FSAA problems) and try again.

I haven't seen anyone complain about this problem before. The closest I've seen is when some hedgerows appeared transparent in some sections (the section that was transparent could move). However I don't believe that this was a NVidia card.

For Schrullenhaft:

kor - are you saying that the wall bitmaps are only distorted when you zoom in with the "[" or "]" keys or when you change view levels (say

from 3 to 4, etc.)

-YES, THIS IS MY PROBLEM

-My configuration is 600*800 a 60 hz with 32 colors, y drivers nvidea 30.82, an then la 41.09. for default configuration.

-I have two diferent hd istalation cmbo.

- My win xp is new intalation, and default driver nvidea i have the same problem.

-The anti-aliasing IS NOW IN OFF, at 2x an 4x don`t go well my combat mision.

- Yes I remove well the drivers 30.82 at the drivers 41.09 for Winxp.

-I probe diferent configuation of my nvidea, I nothing, The Fail is same.

-I go well when only I desistalation de driver nvidea, I dont no suport of mi gforce, I see all grafic withon antialiasinga and very bad, but the ploblem the bmps is ok.But this, dont not solution for me.

Thanks a lot for you suport.

I probe the cd-rom with one friend with geforce2 ans same driver, And go very well, the problem is in mi pc, in my geforce harware.

I probe other geforce in my pc.

Thanks a lot for yours suport.

[ December 29, 2002, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: kor ]