Attn., BFC, CMETO & grogs! Normandy marathon on MilChan Saturday (new Color of War)

Yes, you read that correctly. Not only is there there unsurprisingly going to be a Normandy doc marathon, but we have a new Color of War with rare, often never before seen color archival footage devoted to the invasion buildup, the invasion and the after landing campaign. Should be a golden opportunity for a bunch of you to gather visual and informational treasures for inclusion in the new game, CMETO, scenarios and you files. Check your cable or satellite TV listings for broadcast times.

Regards,

John Kettler

Hey, Kettler, I was reading an older magazine on wargaming last week, I want to think it was a Fire and Movement; probably the GIAV issue.

Anyway, some guy was talking about minis vs. board wargaming, and he refers to his first exposure to minis, when he found Ed, George and John Kettler owned a sand table.

Wilhammer,

That would be my brothers and myself. When we first built our sand table from a 4'x8' sheet of plywood and 2 x 4s, we used ROCO Minitanks and similar. Later, we got Micro Armour, which really opened things up for us--as well as creating issues with lost vehicles and infantry! German stuff painted sand color with green specks to match the model railroad "grass" was invisible from a range of inches. Any chance you remember/can find the name of the person who made the statement? Piqued my curiosity! Is GIAV = GI Anvil of Victory? If not, then what, please?

Regards,

John Kettler