GeForce 3 & Mac

The Radeon I got is the OEM Radeon that used to be an option thru Apple. I got it for $149.

Måkjager, the Radeon 8500 does have Digital Video out, but I'm not sure if they plan an ADC version. I don't see why they wouldn't if it got them a couple of extra sales.

In a pinch the Dr. Bot DVI to ADC adapter would work with the Radeon 8500.

Gyrene

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JimR:

Thanks to those who helped me to figure out the workaround to make CM run smoothly on a new G4 with a GeForce 3 card. I was beginning to worry that I'd upgraded myself out of CM Land altogether, which would have been no fun at all. Now all we need is the ability to get some color back in the sky.

BTW, has anyone tried messing around with extensions (basic or extended settings) to see if CM can be run in higher resolutions than 800 x 600 without freezing when using GeForce?

I too appreciate BTS's commitment to the Mac platform.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

at least with my computer setup (Dual 533MHz, GeForce3) there was only a single monitor resolution that would cause the freezing (1024 x 768 I think). If I went to the next highest resolution (or lower) there was no problem.

I can live without sky but that freezing was killing me because I continued to play the game every night by trying to keep the mouse away from the edge of the screen.

Cheers,

Andrew

The highest resolution that I can get on my monitor is 1280 x 1024, so I've got to use 800 x 600 to play the game. (It looks great at 1280 x 1024, but then it seizes up and freezes whenever I try to move across the battlefield with arrow buttons, or try to use a Tab-1 camera setting on a moving vehicle.)

Maybe someone, some day will discover a way to fix this (please?). :(