Risky investing

Ive got some money to burn. Im single, no bills at all (in the army), no real expenses.

Anyway back in december I put some money in ford. About 1400 stocks for an average of $2. Now its getting towards $6.

Recently I put a little less cash in GM. It was about $2 as well, it dropped a little but its been going up and down.

I never really believed the fuss about this recession taking down the big 3. Especially after I started seeing government intervention. It seems the government wont let them die it might be political suicide.

These stocks were both $20+ roughly a year or so ago.

Now im thinking about putting some cash into the Freddie mac (FRE) / Fannie mae (FNA) disasters. They were in the $25 - $40 price ranges a year ago also. So the potential is there for such growth and even without a total recovery theres still some potential.

Im not rich but so far I've put less than $5K into the stock market and its grown to almost $10k. Im better about saving money than most people I know. Im about to drop 1K or so in each of these stocks. Im seeing this as a once in a lifetime opportunity and I seem to have been right about Ford, am I crazy?