Great Marines stock scenario: "The Prophet and the Mountain"

Superb little tactical vignette, this, with unexpected random aspects encountered over three separate plays, including an occasional civilian spy, variable Red arty splash zones and variable Red dispositions on the hilltop. The terrain is terrific and both the timing of Blue reinforcements and the short overall duration of the mission force the player to balance speed of maneuver with force preservation very carefully. I enjoyed the challenge of using the .50-cals on the armored trucks to support infantry and I learned how to use a scout/sniper team. If all you have is a scout/sniper team, a 2-man HQ and a truck, engage from cover, preferably from a distance, sit tight, prepare to withdraw if necessary and do not attempt a hail-Mary assault. Wait for reinforcements before attempting to take ground. This mission also taught me to read the terrain and to cover approaches that might be used to counter-attack or reinforce Red positions.

I was wondering who designed this short scenario and whether he has any more standalone missions I might try, either from the stock list or in the repository.

Well, thanks, Moon.

I was part of the Steel Beasts scenario design team and discovered that there is something almost mysterious about a great, replayable scenario with a genuine tactical challenge to it. I reckon I nailed it one time out of ten. Well done!