Hi all

200px-Blcher.jpg

Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher

-

He might have a great sense of humor but you would never tell by looking at his portrait!:D

-

There are a lot of things you would never tell by looking at his portrait. :D

Before the Napoleonic Wars relieved him from his boredom, he was a complete drunken maniac. Actually, during the Napoleonic Wars, I don't know if he drank as much as he did earlier, but he was still somewhat crazy, probably from so much of his earlier carousing and alcohol consumption. There are several recorded instances of him having hallucinations, and being convinced that he was going to give birth to an elephant.

And in spite of that, he was still one of the better generals of the Napoleonic Wars! :D

@Other Means,

Haha, I can see that, but I'm actually American, I'm only in Berlin for 6 months. (Also, most of the Germans I've met these days have a great sense of humor!)

OK, I'll stop derailing the thread. Back OT everyone now please!

WOW!!!:)

Talk about a lucky guy. Your married to a women that apparently likes gaming and will create scenario's for you. Man am I jealous!!!

Yup, she enjoys making scenarios. She's happy to email them out to anyone that's willing to try them too. Some of the forum lads got a few to try a few weeks back.

i am using your mod manager mr.seabee, and i tell you what, its fantastic, a great leap on from the early mod enablers i used in the old CMx1 days. thankyou!

also meach, i would like to take up your offer and try some of your good lady's scenario's would you PM me her/your email addy?

oh really?? i thought [Red versus Blue] would have been a popular choice

I imagine folks generally prefer to not be shredded by autocannon, pulverized by howitzers, and obliterated by JDAMs. :(

My experience playing Red versus Blue has been one of hiding until Blue comes within about 100m (i.e., outside handgrenade range), then letting loose with every for about 20 seconds, then fleeing to some other hiding place while Blue occupies his objectives. In realistic Red-vs.-Blue scenarios, it's not like there's actually a way to win per se -- it seems to me more a matter of inflicting some casualties while not getting yourself decimated.

That said, I'm no tactical genius (far from it, believe me), and also perhaps I just haven't played enough Red-vs.-Blue scenarios. Hopefully, with time more scenarios will be made, and a greater variety thereof. All the same, I'm thankful for the many who have made scenarios, and many good ones at that! :D

True, CM:SF hasn't been around nearly as long as the CMx1 games, even CM:AK, but it still seems to me that there something of a dearth of scenarios. (I think the impatience some have voiced on this board regarding the seeming late-ness of the British expansion is actually an indication of how much less interested folks tend to be in modern warfare versus WW2.)

i disagree there, the syrian forces are a good match for US i have found, in the scenarios i have played anyway, even some of the UNCON scenarios i have won unconditionaly, where i do agree is the fact that waiting is a major part of playing red, but thats how i like it, its tense, will your ambush come off?

whereas ive noticed blue AI pound away from a distance with armor, realistic i would say.

i would just like to say its been about a week now since i got this game, and each day im liking it more, im glad i waited till now, so i didnt have to play the earlier buggy versions.

and multiplayer is great, when a game is available, my only wish would be easier multiplayer matchup, other than that, i am very pleased.