Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Is GeForce FX5200 Compatible with CMBB?

Since this card is going to require the latest Detonator drivers, you will have the same problems as those mentioned in the '43.45's don't work' thread - bad performance being the most noticeable.

There's also an issue of fog-table emulation support. It's been rumored that fog-tables are no longer emulated on the latest NVidia chips (GeForce FX Series). We have no confirmation of that as yet (to my knowledge), but that may be another problem you could run into.

Eventually it is hoped that NVidia will fix the performance and compatibility problems with the current drivers (the performance problems also exist in some other games). We don't really know if there will be a 'perfect' set of drivers (i.e. - all problems in CM are fixed and it works with all available cards) released in the future or not.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

[QB]

There's also an issue of fog-table emulation support. It's been rumored that fog-tables are no longer emulated on the latest NVidia chips (GeForce FX Series). We have no confirmation of that as yet (to my knowledge), but that may be another problem you could run into.

Eventually it is hoped that NVidia will fix the performance and compatibility problems with the current drivers (the performance problems also exist in some other games). We don't really know if there will be a 'perfect' set of drivers (i.e. - all problems in CM are fixed and it works with all available cards) released in the future or not.

Oh hell, if they stop supporting fog tables it's bye-bye NVidia for me, have you guys ever considered porting to PS2 or XBox? smile.gif

KC

We do not have any independant confirmation that the FX cards have dropped Fog Table Support.

It was originally reported by a customer that was looking at aquiring a FX card but we later found out that it was the tech at his local computer store that said this and we have found no info from Nvidia that indicates that Fog Table Emulation was in fact dropped.

However, we still don't know for sure how CMBB will preform on a FX card (or which drivers to use) because we have not had the oppertunity to test it one fully.

Madmatt

Originally posted by rama:

I'm thinking of buying this display card. Does anyone know whether this is compatible :confused: ? Thanks. smile.gif

I have one, and I have a serious performance problem with it in CM. Old drivers + Dx8 seem to work, but you really want the new ones and Dx9 for this card, atleast for some other games than CM. But if CM is all you play you don't need this card anyway ;)

• 2 weeks later...