A Hockey-Playing Student's Puck Stopping Design

Lars

Well, some guys like myself use the goal posts to judge shot location and where ever the goalie is, not necessarily his pads and equipment. But I suppose this can't hurt and it is clever. It's the same concept why some goalies use all white equipment.

Back when I played net I'd try all kinds of things to mess with the shooters. A loud whistle to fake the sound of the ref blowing the whistle or yelling weird off the wall comments. One of my more successful tricks was to move my arms around a lot flailing my glove and blocker all over the place. It usually worked or at the least confuse or slightly delay their decision. Best used when facing a breakaway. :D

Back when I played net I'd try all kinds of things to mess with the shooters. A loud whistle to fake the sound of the ref blowing the whistle or yelling weird off the wall comments. One of my more successful tricks was to move my arms around a lot flailing my glove and blocker all over the place. It usually worked or at the least confuse or slightly delay their decision. Best used when facing a breakaway. :D

Goalies....