How can Germany win in WAW?

I take out France in good time, maybe a turn or two longer than normal, not sure on this. Then I gear up for Operation Sealion. I take out a huge chunk of the British navy, and land troops. Sadly I forgot about supply issues (newb mistake). I thought I would be smart with taking out England first before tackling Russia. Sadly, the USSR declared war on me once Hungary and such allied with me, so I had to split my forces. Finally, after making the some mistakes, such as having bad weather ground my air force 8 out of 10 turns, I finally take it over.... and I get diddly. Now, I am facing a numerically superior USSR army, that is also more advanced than me.

I can't help but think that invading England was a waste of my time. But, if I didn't I get back doored by the Allies.

Now, I know I made some mistakes about supply in my invasion of England, but even if I had taken it over sooner, I would still be faced by a HUGE number of Red Army forces. They significantly outnumber me and have better equipment.

Now for the point: How can Germany win? It does not produce nearly enough resources to take on Russia, and the only way it can is by invading them when Russia is unprepared. But that leaves England behind them....

*Note* I don't think Russia should declare war on Germany so easily. Germany accruing allies should not set Russia off. And conquering all of England should get some plunder. Something to offset the resources spent to get it in the first place.*

Diraska did you have set so that England surrenders after you take out the home Island or did the Capital move to either Africa or Canada?As far as Russia goes(im assuming you are playing the A.I.)if your ground army didnt suffer to many losses in both numbers and experience and depending on what level you have the A.I.set at you should still be able to wipe out Russia.I guarantee you once you figure out the right moves to do you will win against the A.I.

As far as Russia declaring war,in reality you would think that once Stalin saw Germany commit the bulk of her forces against England he would attack while he had the upper hand,knowing fullwell that he would be next.Better to attack while the enemy has his main force tied up somewhere else.

You can set England to surrender?? That would have helped a ton. As it is now, I have an italian army battering down the defenses around Cairo, the current capitol of the British.

As for the USSR, I get them declaring war, kinda. Historically, (history major here, time to dork out), Stalin was very trusting of Hitler, he was completely caught off guard by the attack, as he had no intentions of screwing with germany any time soon.

My main gripe is that the Russians are SOOO incredibly powerful by 1942. Their army is massive, and well armed. They have Tactical bombers at level 3 anti-tank, Heavy tanks 2, and a whole host of other advanced weapons. I guess they might have just gotten incredibly lucky with the rolls. Now, I played as the allies in the normal SC2, and in that one I remember the Russians being incredibly poor at the outset and I had a hard time building up a powerful force for quite some time. Not until 1944 did I have a large enough force for anything other than local offenses.

But, the Russians in this game had their cake and they ate it too. Is this other peoples experiences?

so if you defeat the uk, they move their govt to canada or north africa? makes me wonder if they actually had contigency plans just for that scenario. anyway, doesn't that cripple russian mpp's though? obviously i haven't played that far into the game yet and have never tried to invade england, though i just took malta in my current game. hopefully, africa will fall easily now. before, every time i've tried sending rommel & co. to the desert, the supply situation was terrible due to malta's interference.

with regards to the russians, they do seem to get their licks in even early in the game. if you fight them along a broad front, you won't be able to sustain the casualties. it's probably best to do encircling moves and fight only when their supplies and morale are low. also, hope the ai is too weak to effectively counter attack. however, in one game i was playing, those russian bastages sent an amphib group from sevastopol and took bucharest, knocking romania out of the war early. teach me to leave it ungarrisoned. lol...

Diraska You can set how you want England to surrender before the game starts by just going to adavnced settings and look under the surrender scrpits.Just set it so the English capital only moves to Manchester and no further.

As far as the Russian go,yes they can get lucky with their tech.Zukkov I was fooled by that Russian invasion of Rumania move playing SC1.I actually fell for it in a SC2 P.B.E.M.game thinking there is noway he will try that.I was wrong.I still sometimes take the chance and not bother to guard that Capital.

Thanks to those who replied. I have taken the input and remembered to add an HQ to my invasion of England. I had 3 paratroopers that I para dropped all over England. London fell, and pretty soon did most of the ports without cities, which greatly weakened their navy. It fell to me sometime around 1941. Meanwhile....

The war with Russia was going, I had an engineer set up some defenses around Konigsberg, so that was never in any danger of falling. The lower front around Romania and the like was taking a beating, and my victorious army was returning, ready to make its presence felt all along the Russian front...

My assault forces pushed north, aiming for a link up with Finland that had wisely listened to my diplomats and joined us. Leningrad fell and the Finns pushed through to threaten Moscow. A pleasant distraction that the Russians could not ignore. Next my Panzer forces pushed south, and soon the Center and the South were blasted wide open. I am now on the verge of pushing through to all those lovely oil wells in the very south.

Great tip for the Italians: Save up and buy an HQ for them. It greatly increases their ability to hold Tobruk and push forward. Now the Italian force is no longer crap. Using only the starting forces for Italy and one HQ, they took over all of Cairo and took over Iraq after the British annexed it. Not one ounce of German help. thanks to all those cities and their delicious MPPs, Italy is no longer completely useless on the world stage. It is now only mildly useless. (I was almost going to have them invade Saudi Arabia and every country along North Africa, but I realized that the Italian army is in now way, shape or form, capable of such a thing. Fooie. I wanted to create a new Roman lake out of the Mediterranean.)

Now the Brits are sitting with over 2000 in MPPs twiddling their thumbs over in Canada and Iceland and the U.S. is amassing a huge force that is currently aimed at England...

:eek: