CM:SF 2 Suggestions

Ok, Suggestions that could be in the realms of possibility could include real time day/night cycles whereby the sun,s postion and moon,s cycle would have to taken into account before taking an objective. The implementation of realistic weather such as fog, as this alone could have interesting ramifications on the battlefield. Destructable environments such as building rubble which snipers or AT teams could take advantage of. A non linear or branching campaign. An overall improvment to the interface (see the miriade of current suggestions) and an update to blufor and opfor AI so realistic QB is possible.

Day/night cycles are already in the game.

Ok, Suggestions that could be in the realms of possibility could include real time day/night cycles whereby the sun,s postion and moon,s cycle would have to taken into account before taking an objective. The implementation of realistic weather such as fog, as this alone could have interesting ramifications on the battlefield. Destructable environments such as building rubble which snipers or AT teams could take advantage of. A non linear or branching campaign. An overall improvment to the interface (see the miriade of current suggestions) and an update to blufor and opfor AI so realistic QB is possible.

Actually, most of that is in the game.

Off the top of my head, I think the day/night cycles, destructable environments in which rubble is taken into account, branching campaign is all already in.

there is no fog or rain etc, but there will have to be in CM:N, and the interface and AI thing is just an opinion, really. In my experience, I didn't like it at all on first sight, but thats just because it looked very complex and I fear change :D there are improvements to be made though, but I have largely forgotten about its problems as i've gotten used to playing with it.

The AI is pretty damn good, but from a customers perspective, it can always use an update :)

This is simulatable even in CMSF: just have the pixeltruppen show up as reinforcements on said rooftops.

Yeah that is a simple solution.

Is there a way to randomly determine casualties to reinforcements?

Could be an interesting way to have an airborne assault without having to simulate the entire process.

Use a sort of random "die roll" to assess casulties to the reinforcements.

IIRC some boardgames do this.