Need an earlier start date pls

Robert Carver has a mod out right now which starts in 1937, but it's limited to only the Asian theater, no islands. Nupremal has a mod out in which you could start out from 1939 with the invasion of Poland, but that's a global mod. If you wanted to you could use the editor, and set the date to 1937, but if you want it historical you will have to do some research, as I don't think there is anyone that's working on creating an earlier campaign. If you need any help I'll do my best to assist you.

Thanks for the fas reply! I thought Nupremal's was a pvp map nit a single player. I will check it out! The main reason is that I want to send a invasion force out to take and hold pearl. And the troop dispositions in China are too spread out.

If that's the case then just add a few units to the original Operation Z via the editor. All you would have to do is give Japan an extra 2 snlfs and 1 HQ. You're only going to encounter one AA, and one snlf it's really not that hard to take Pearl. As for Nupremal's mod I think he wanted it to be that way, but it's easily playable as human vs. AI. I did it, and I thought it was fairly challenging.

Out of curiosity when Pearl Harbor fell to the Japanese in your games did Midway also get invaded and conquered?

No, the Japanese player just went straight for the big prize. It was a very tough and exciting fight both times, but because I hesitated to commit more naval units into what looked like a lost battle, he managed it both times.

I then built up in the USA and in the islands further south and eventually retook Hawaii. But these Japanese successes cost me valuable time, along with the blow to my prestige. Still, it's not my most embarrassing moment in playing Operation Z, but that's another story...

I guess I was lucky then, because when I was playing as the Allies my opponent invaded Midway first, and well that sent up huge red flags to me that an attack was pending on Pearl. From there I sent over my entire US & Canadian Air Force that when given intel on the amphibious locations they blasted them straight to hell and back.

Hi Fellas,

Ok so I modded the zmod to add a small invasion fleet and took hawaii. Then swept over most of pacific except austrailia and NZ and one or two hold outs. The problem came back to China and the trash troop dispositions. Ideally we could take num's world mod troop dispos for 1937 andput them in the z mod then roll back the clock. Not sure how to roll it back and then there is the issue or nation relations and such. :confused:

Hi Fellas,

Ok so I modded the zmod to add a small invasion fleet and took hawaii. Then swept over most of pacific except austrailia and NZ and one or two hold outs. The problem came back to China and the trash troop dispositions. Ideally we could take num's world mod troop dispos for 1937 andput them in the z mod then roll back the clock. Not sure how to roll it back and then there is the issue or nation relations and such. :confused:

Well Hawaii is obviously the keystone to domination of the pacific. The US will be knocked back on thier heels and I can concentrate a fleet there and in the south pacific to stop any intervention on thier part. The main issue I realize isnt the taking of hawaii but the scattered and isolated Jap positions in China. They spread out too much and by the time you get additional troops in to help it becomes a bit of a mess.