Someone from BFC please answer

I put this in tech support but never got a response from any of you. I guess you didn't see it there so I'm writing in the main forum. It's about the shimmering. It persists despite a complete change of system.

I had an athlon 3000 2 gig, geforce 7600GT. I now have a p4 3 gig, geforce 6200.

It's like the creepy crawlies on the terrain when scrolling. I have a couple of questions.

Is it supposed to look like that and for some weird reason I never noticed?

If it's not, how can it be corrected?

Any help would be appreciated. Heck, just a response would be appreciated.

Hi Rick,

it's possible that your email came in when we were just switching over to our new SupportDesk software I guess, and perhaps got lost in the shuffle, or it may be still waiting for a response. I will check and if it's not there manually enter a ticket for you at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk. You can check the status there as well (as login, use your main site login, not the forum login).

Why did you downgrade to a 6200? That's your problem besides it being a P4 instead of Athlon. Looks like you downgraded everything but the memory and memory alone won't help you with crappy cpu and gpu.

I got what I could afford when my computer crashed. I'm retired on a limited income. Got a p4 refurbished for only $200. But it has a 230 watt power supply so had to put in my 6200. The 2 gig and 3 gig doesn't refer to memory but to processer speed so I actually did better. I had 1 gig ram and now have 1.5 gig.

However, two things, first I had the same exact problem with the athlon/7600GT. And second the p4/6200 is more than enough to run cmak.

Hi Rick,

it's possible that your email came in when we were just switching over to our new SupportDesk software I guess, and perhaps got lost in the shuffle, or it may be still waiting for a response. I will check and if it's not there manually enter a ticket for you at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk. You can check the status there as well (as login, use your main site login, not the forum login).

Moon, I didn't send an email. There's a whole thread in the cmak tech support area that I started a while back.