Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Some minor improvements in cresting etc.

Guest Guest

The stance of the soldiers actually does make a very big practical difference, as the LOS line is traced from higher or lower depending on if one of them is kneeling.

It also makes a difference in exposure to incoming fire.

So the problem comes in when soldiers are prone and cannot see what to fire at, it is hard to grant them LOS so they can pop up and shoot.

I'm sure this will continue to be improved in the game. Or I hope so.

For one, without the ability, a player always knows that a full squad occupies the locale where any single man is spotted. Because of that, the advantage of 1:1 spotting is minimized, unfortunately. A Bradley for example, will always know that 8 other men are worth shooting at the turn following a single shooter in a window of some building. It would be nice if they didn't know the whole squad was there all the time.

Nice point there about the enemy allways knowing 8 of them up there. No matter how good REDs tactics are, this can be abused by the BLUE side.

Not arguing the flexibility issue of being able to split squads, but the spotting one: would you honestly shoot any less at four men compared to eight? Either way, you see an icon pop up there, you're going to hose down that building with bullets and pyro 90% of the time.

Depends on what I'm hosing with, largely an ammo constraint. Still it would be nice to be wondering "Did I take care of them? Can I approach the building safely after hosing it down, or might the rest of the squad be waiting behind it to move in?"

With the bug out feature, it's a concern either way. You could have four bodies on the deck of the building, but the other four are right out the door taking a break from the firefight.

It would be good too if I couldn't tell the difference between an MG team and the squad MG section.

I'm going to assume you mean the PK(M) team and the RPK guy and his ammoman in a rifle squad. Going with that assumption, you should be able to tell the difference, because they are very different weapons, look different, sound different and one is much bigger and nastier.

That being said, being able to pick HQs, FOs and such the way we do (via instant intel icon) is just wrong.