Who jacked my ride?

Don't know if this is a bug or not.

I'm playing the marine campaign. I have not lost any vehicles (amazing but true). At the start of Road to Shin, one of my scout squads didn't have a vehicle to squeeze into. It is also annoying as hell that despite having opening in other vehicles outside the scout platoon, I can't mount the scouts up in one of the AAVs.

So this scout squad walked up the mountain and to the exit area, taking the whole time to do so. They did nothing but walk but I came up aces for the win on that one so do no biggie that they humped the boonies and did no fighting.

On to Debouch to Disaster - the scout squad is on foot again. And the back objective is a long, long way off. Sigh...

Who jacked my ride? As I stated, I have lost no vehicles earlier, including no mobility kills. Yet, it seems that the locals in the start village of Road to Shin made off with one of my LAVs, the bastards.

Any ideas what is happening here? Are these scouts going to end up walking all the way to Damascas?

I don't know. In the scenario previous to the Road to Shin, Village Run, I had my full complement of 3 LAVs for my scouts. At the scenario end, I had no vehicle casualties (in fact the outcome was only 6 WIAs for that scenario).

Village Run lead to Road to Shin. I start the scenario with my three scout squads but only 2 scout LAVs I am assuming the scout platoon is one of the 'core' units which progresses through the campaign.

I can't explain why the scout LAV disappeared. Is mechanical breakdown a possibility?

I also thought that maybe something was up with the CAAT platoon as well as only two CAAT vehicles & crews showed up for Road to Shin but in the next scenario, all CAAT vehicles & crews are accounted for, but the scout platoon is still short a LAV.

BlackMoria,

We all know that scouts are notoriously bad at directions. :D

"Ohhh, that ridge....", said the scout standing on top of the ridgeline pointing to the distant ridge some 10 clicks away.

Damn scouts, almost worse than some LTs I know....

Your LAV is parked in some corner of the map as they read an upside down map with their Nods on.

BlackMoria,

We all know that scouts are notoriously bad at directions. :D

"Ohhh, that ridge....", said the scout standing on top of the ridgeline pointing to the distant ridge some 10 clicks away.

Damn scouts, almost worse than some LTs I know....

Your LAV is parked in some corner of the map as they read an upside down map with their Nods on.

Spoken for truth. I am reminded on my time in the Canadian military when during one night deployment, the brigade recce platoon drove across the front of my gun postion four times before someone from the platoon approached my position and wanted to know where the hell they were and how to get to location X. I got them where they wanted to get to, but it was so damn funny the sheepish look on the platoon commander's face when I told him he passed by my position four times. They were driving around in a big circle around me most of the night and they had no ideas they were literally going in circles.... :D