I just fitted a new mobo

Other Means

Well OK...the whole story is I swapped out a mobo because I screwed the first one direct to the case and it didn't like it. Whistled a bit and started to smell until I thought "Eh? What are these spacer screws for.".

Surprised it worked at all - but it did.

The new one seems slightly more stable.

Go figure.

Or the other beauty of the computer seeming to run all flawless like, only to begin exhibiting symptoms of instability after two dozen hours, or so. Which also assumes that after said hours of stress testing, and before the new evil happenin's which sets your hair to the lovely crazy pulled out look, bein' the 'puter has been all functional like you've naturally begun the process of repopulating and migrating to the new system, with all of your preferred programs and settings. Hours spent gettin' everythin' all rosy and comfy like, as you had it before.

BAM.

BSOD.

Reboot.

BAM.

Different BSOD.

Rinse and repeat a dozen times.

Rebuild system in a bevy of differing configurations while attempting to isolate the issue.

More blue.

Just got my mobo back from RMA, the PCI Bus and mem are now playing all nice and friendly like, no longer are they setting about corrupting my drives and all else. Blech, what fun that was. She's still runnin' pretty for me, and what a prance she has, at that. :D

A quick play-through of both Portal and Mirror's Edge soothed my inclination to kick her in the CPU if she ever let me down again.

Hope your system stays stable OM.