Game staring to have alot more appeal

At first I wasnt sure that I was going to really get into this game.I dont know alot about the Pacific but now that ive played a little bit and am starting to figure out how to use my Carriers(I still like to forget to change their mode before I move them)its now alot more fun.I love how Carriers just blast other ships to nothing.I havent so far found tac.or Carrier planes overly deadly against ground targets(ive only played one game against the A.I. and ive got 1 going against the K MAN im the Amis).

Yes Blashy you are right,the Amis have a HUGE force and im sure it will take me quite a while to figure out how to slow them enough to ''win''as the Japs.

It also looks like you have to figure out which of all those freaken islands are important to hold and where to put your L.R.air to spot.Much different than Eurpoean SC2.

Agree with Arado on game. Didn't know how much I would like it either, since I am more familiar with European theater. So far it is great. Even after playing it awhile, I would still forget to check the carrier mode before moving. I certainly know when the carrier is in "mixed" mode (two yellow lights.) But when in cap or tac, the red/green or green/red just makes me pull up the properties to see what mode I'm in (when I remember.) Like to see those colors change. I understand the concept behind it, but not crazy about it.

I do like the idea on how they work. I would love to see that idea move onto the land units. Carriers have a separate fighter attached to it. I would like to see armys and/or corps have AT and AA attached to it. (where like the fighters on the carriers, you could reinforce the AA or AT separately for each unit.)

I certainly know when the carrier is in "mixed" mode (two yellow lights.) But when in cap or tac, the red/green or green/red just makes me pull up the properties to see what mode I'm in (when I remember.) Like to see those colors change. I understand the concept behind it, but not crazy about it.

I'm with you here K Man. As the Red and Green indicators shift from the lower right to lower left depending on how the carrier icon is looking (for 3-D icons), I find myself always double checking the mode, especially since one carrier alone in CAP is just begging to be sunk.

I wonder why there are two indicator circles anyway, as just 1 circle with red, green and yellow could tell me definitively what mode my carrier is in?