Slow Gameplay, Fast Computer?

Hey guys,

Im new to the forum and am looking for some help if I can recieve any!

I am running CMSF at 1440x900, running 4gb ddr2 800, e8400 at 3.25GHZ amd 8800gts 512, my performance monitor shows 100% on both cores, and gameplay is ridiculously slow, and i dont know why, didnt happen in the earlier missions..... i dont even get that in farcry 2! holy :P lol

am running v 1.10, using "best settings"

Please help!

Actually, its kind of the opposite, Nvidia cards based on the 88xx fvamily seem to hate CMSF or at least their drivers do. We have tried to eek out every bit of performance so far but their are issues that lie within the nvidia drivers that are still causing performance to be lower than expected (but still playable). Perhaps future driver releases from nvidia will finally clear this up.

I have also bee doing some testing myself with a 3rd party tool called "nHancer" to see if combinations of settings can help. I am not ready to comment officially on that as yet, but you might want to experiement with nHancer and see if you can increase performance.

nHancer is a tool that allows you access to usually hidden advanced features of your Nvidia card.

Madmatt

Just wanted to echo the OP, I have the same issue here. I have a machine that runs nearly all games at max/near max details at a nice resolution, yet I only get about 20ish frames per second. Yea, this game is playable at 20frames but it doesn't make you feel good about it. I am using at ATI 4870, and playing at medium details across the board with shadows turned off. Just curious why there is such a bottleneck with this game but others like AoC, Crysis, and other run silky smooth.

I'm not sure why the original poster would be seeing 100% utilization on both cores. CMSF isn't multi-threaded and won't use more than one core. With both cores max'd out, it suggests that there may be something else going on with that computer. Something else is running on that second core and it probably isn't CMSF.

It's pretty well recognized that both the Nvidia and ATI drivers don't work all that well with CMSF and the latest video hardware. I don't know if some of CMSF's OpenGL routines are at odds with the optimizations that Nvidia and ATI have implemented in their drivers for their latest architectures. A solution doesn't seem forthcoming from either Nvidia or ATI in the near future, but sometimes you get surprised. A fix for an issue with some other game might yield some benefits for CMSF.