Question about reinforcement placement

Hi

Either Blue or Red reinforcements will enter they map wherever they are placed in the deploy units section of the editor. So you need to set em up deployed in formation and location as you would like them.

Exception to this is when you give them a seperate location in an AI plan. In which case they should arrive at the painted AI Plan area. Note: this has to correspond with a painted set-up zone. Alos ensure that the painted AI plan zone and the painted set-up zone are large enough to accomodate the reinforcement group. oh and watch they don't spawn into LOS/LOF :)

Hope all this helps.

Cheers fur noo

George

Hi

Either Blue or Red reinforcements will enter they map wherever they are placed in the deploy units section of the editor. So you need to set em up deployed in formation and location as you would like them.

Exception to this is when you give them a seperate location in an AI plan. In which case they should arrive at the painted AI Plan area. Note: this has to correspond with a painted set-up zone. Alos ensure that the painted AI plan zone and the painted set-up zone are large enough to accomodate the reinforcement group. oh and watch they don't spawn into LOS/LOF :)

Hope all this helps.

Cheers fur noo

George

George, thanks so much for the reply, but I'm not seeing this. The reinforcements are always showing up where they're placed during the deployment phase, even when the very large painted AI plan set-up zone is within a deployment zone (red 1).

Will they default to their deployment location if they are within my LOS/LOF?

The setup zone paint job doesn't affect anything. it is purely a visual indicator where players start. It still needs to match up with AI setup plan. You have to place them properly in the scenario editor and then paint the setup area in the A.I. setup. I am assuming your OPFOR will have an AI. Unless this is a head to head map exclusively, then I am sure that you just need to place them on the map in the scenario editor and they will appear there when you start your H2H match. I have had an issue similar to what you are saying and I deleted all forces and started over and it worked fine. I am not sure if that clarified anything. Just trying to help.

Earl Of Warwick

Hhmm - I think your reinforcements should set-up depending on your AI Plan. have you double checked your AI Plan and corresponding set-up zones?

If you like email me your scenario file and I'll take a quick look at. Be quicker than us having to attempt to describe to each other what we are doing or think we are doing :)

Address is in my profile.

Cheers fur noo

George