Artillery

Is there some one who can help me with the munitions mix;

I get that the first column is amount of HE and the third column is amount of SMOKE for artillery, but what of all the columns for air support. What is the load out then?:confused:

Can some one give me a comprehensive go thru of the OB load-out.

Thanx

Info on air support starts on page 94 of the (v1.10) manual. Though the weapons loadout for each aircraft is very specific in the game engine its nearly impossible for the player to determine what exactly a bomber's carrying. And one or two patches back they altered aircraft loadout to better reflect current reality. U.S. fixed wing aircraft now only drop guided munitions, the exception to that rule being be A-10 and Harrier.

I've seen an actual aircraft loadout list somewhere but it was a long time ago, it may be out of date, and I don't know where the list disappeared to. All I can suggest is perform some tests. See how big an explosion you get when your 'Medium' F-16 bombs a target. ;)

A list of the actual loadouts and how they correspond to the "light-medium-heavy" order scheme for use in mission design has been requested several times. Really, they should be displayed in the editor and in the game UI, but that requires changes within the actual game. A simple text document/readme addendum or post here would go a very long way.

The whole aircraft loadout thing beats me, really. One thing I have noticed though is that light-medium-heavy also seems to correspond to the length of the mission in some way, at least in some cases.

To be precise, when I called in an apache to take out a static tank for the first time ever (point target), I used 'medium' since I figured I wanted more than just the guns (forget exactly what they are right now, sorry). Chopper came in, whacked the tank with a missile (it brewed up), came round and hit the burning tank with another missile ('gee, thanks', I'm thinking, 'bloodthirsty wasteful idiot pilot')....then I check the status of the chopper via the spotter and guess what - he's coming around AGAIN!!! Then I called him off, of course.

So now I use 'light' for Apache vs. tank and the chopper comes, dispatches his target with a single missile, and leaves. No guns.

Thanx for the feed back.

The problem then is that no-one really knows what the five bars of munitions type and quantity represents. Does this mean you don't really know if you have, let's say, anti-armour capacity air support if you look at the five info bars?

This sounds really odd to me:confused: