Two minor bugs

akd

1. Stryker MOUT platoon does not fit in their organic transport (4 Strykers). I believe this is because the command squad has been beefed up not leaving room for the 3-man M-240 team.

2. BRDM lacks the "target light" command, preventing use of coax PKT only when targeting. 14.5mm ammunition can actually be burned through rather quickly, so having "target light" as an option would be helpful.

I thought the first was intentional?

edit: Would like to add a little bug I just came across myself. Playing the second campaign of the included campaign (not marines). Put snipers on top of tower, had them target a vehicle that was all the way across the map. They tried to hit by throwing grenades (or where throwing grenades in air in some kind of 'we made it to the top' celebration)

The first one is not so much a bug as it is a result of the additional soldiers tasked to the HQ of the mout striker platoon. You can work around it by splitting off a Javelin team from one of your squads and rearranging the load out in the Strykers a little. It's annoying but you will be able to fit everyone in.

The second issue is probably not considered a bug by BF but it should be. There are other vehicles, most notably the Bradley, where you pretty much have to go through the main armament ammo before the coaxial is used in a significant way because we can't do a "target x weapon" command.

Would like to add a little bug I just came across myself. Playing the second campaign of the included campaign (not marines). Put snipers on top of tower' date=' had them target a vehicle that was all the way across the map. They tried to hit by throwing grenades (or where throwing grenades in air in some kind of 'we made it to the top' celebration)[/quote']

In that tower in that mission there's already a sniper on the balcony, and it ain't one of yours. My guess would be that your guys made it up top and spotted their new flatmate and nailed him from close range using their little computer smarts.

The first one is not so much a bug as it is a result of the additional soldiers tasked to the HQ of the mout striker platoon. You can work around it by splitting off a Javelin team from one of your squads and rearranging the load out in the Strykers a little. It's annoying but you will be able to fit everyone in.

Thanks. I hadn't thought to break off an AT team, but that certainly solves the problem.

The second issue is probably not considered a bug by BF but it should be. There are other vehicles, most notably the Bradley, where you pretty much have to go through the main armament ammo before the coaxial is used in a significant way because we can't do a "target x weapon" command.

With Bradleys and BMPs, it is a design shortfall, as "target" and "target light" is not sufficient to cover their suite of weapons.

With BRDMs (and BTR-60s, for that matter) it is is a bug, as the "target" and "target light" commands would perfectly encompass their weapons systems if the latter command were available. I suspect the game considers both the 7.62mm PKT and the 14.5mm KPVT as machine guns. The KPVT should be treated as a cannon.

Yeah, the first problem noted is because the organic Stryker Rifle Platoon is 1 man over carrying capacity. A MOUT Stryker Rifle Platoon has an Engineer Squad mixed in, which pushes it over even its "emergency" carrying capacity (i.e. overstuffed beyond regulation capacity).

The second one is not a bug per se, but as AKD just surmised a design decision that puts the KPVT in the same class as the PKT. I'm not sure that can be changed, but I'll suggest it to Charles.

Steve

In that tower in that mission there's already a sniper on the balcony, and it ain't one of yours. My guess would be that your guys made it up top and spotted their new flatmate and nailed him from close range using their little computer smarts.

Not necessarily, ShaneO...I just played the second campaign mission and had no enemy sniper team in the tower. No enemies at all in the tower, most of them lying in the sun on the tarmac, in fact. And not paying attention, either. Busted the lot of them rather seriously with Mk19s and 12.7mm MGs :). I Guess using the tower is an AI choice, and I got a stupid AI that battle :D