More Mac Voodoo 4 Problems...

I read the earlier message about the problems running CM with a Voodoo4. My problem is similar except I can't even get CM to load, period. I get a message saying there was an error loading the 3D graphics and that I should lower my monitor resolution to fix the problem. Well, I lower the res. as far as it will go, and on each setting I still get the same error.

I also have tried reinstalling both my OpenGL and 3DFX drivers, and with each I would do a complete reinstall of CM, making sure I trash the CM prefs file each time. This has had no effect. I have also tried 3DFX drivers 1.1.2 and 1.1.3b with no effect. I am out of options at this point. I know it will run with my old ATI 128 card, but I really detest ATI and I really, really would prefer not to switch back, especialy after shelling out all the money it took me to by my Voodoo4. If anyone has any advice at all I would really appreciate it.

I am using a B&W 300 mhz G3 power pc, 320 mb of ram, and I am running MacOS 9.1.

If there are any uninstallers for the 3dfx software, I'd run those. Eliminate all of the 3dfx software you have loaded up. I'm not sure if the 3dfx drivers come with their own OpenGL extensions or not. If they do, you will want to use those instead of the version supplied with OS 9.1 (1.2.1 ?). Do you have all control panels/extensions for the ATI removed from your system (or at least out of the applicable folders) ?

I know forum member baboon2 has some drivers that are even newer than the Beta 1.13 drivers (which another person had problems with) - he was the former RAVE developer/tester at 3dfx. If you do a search for him you may come up with a current email address and ask him if he can send you those drivers.

Though it will most likely have little to do with your CM problems, here is some update info on your PowerMac:

Accelerate Your Mac:

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/G3-ZONE/yosemite/

Thanks, but I allready found the problem, I just forget to put my answer in the forum. Too busy playing CM.

I found a phantom extension called "Classic Rave" that was interfering with my Voodoo 4. I have no idea where it came from or how long it has been there, but taking it out seemed to fix the problem. It just took me about four hours of reboot, remove extension, try game, reboot to find it.