kalypso version ? How do you know?

SlyBelle

I'm thinking of purchasing TOW from eBay but I have seen that kalypso version is always talked about separately and seems to have its patches lag. How would I know if I'm purchasing the kalypso version version versus other versions and what are all the differences?

Thanks!

You know if you have the Kalypso version if the Kalypso Media logo is on the box and/or CD. There are no differences in the gameplay itself. The main difference is a different copy protection mechanism.

In general, you should be careful buying from ebay. We have had several customers buy an illegal Battlefront copy from there WITHOUT VALID LICENSE KEY. In a few cases the game came with a key alright, but that key is blocked for fraud. Happened to probably a dozen people or so in total so far.

You know if you have the Kalypso version if the Kalypso Media logo is on the box and/or CD. There are no differences in the gameplay itself. The main difference is a different copy protection mechanism.

In general, you should be careful buying from ebay. We have had several customers buy an illegal Battlefront copy from there WITHOUT VALID LICENSE KEY. In a few cases the game came with a key alright, but that key is blocked for fraud. Happened to probably a dozen people or so in total so far.

Thanks, that is very good to know.