Queenslanders never say die?

I captured Brisbane a few turns ago, but the number in the port square remained red. This turn an allied transport landed in the port square and unload a unit while I was still in occupation of the city! I am unable to move any ships into the port square myself, or work out how to capture it.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the city being part of the US in game terms.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Makris

I captured Brisbane a few turns ago, but the number in the port square remained red. This turn an allied transport landed in the port square and unload a unit while I was still in occupation of the city! I am unable to move any ships into the port square myself, or work out how to capture it.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the city being part of the US in game terms.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Makris

Bump. I'd like to know the answer to this one too.

I've just tried to repeat this problem but it works ok for me - when my Japanese unit lands at Brisbane he took the port as well as the city.

Could it be that there is an allied unit either adjacent to the port, or in the port? If so, either could prevent your troops from taking the port.

But if no allied troops are in the vicinity then the port should definitely fall to the Japanese.

Thanks for the reply Bill.

But if no allied troops are in the vicinity then the port should definitely fall to the Japanese.

There weren't any allied troops in the area, but just this turn I moved a unit along the coast from the north of Brisbane south, and once it passed through the southern coastal square it triggered the port's destruction. I have the saved game if you want it.